The Silence Experiment.
This is a year long experiment in silence.
7 minutes of silence a day, described in 77 words.
Want to be involved? Invite me to spend silent time with you.
The constant rules:
- Silent time is not necessarily still time.
- There is no need for the setting to be silent, only the participants.
- There are only two starting restrictions on most silent activity – it must be legal, and there must be no sexual intent in any physical contact.
- Additionally, if you’re a stranger suggesting an activity, it must take place in a public place.
The evolving rules:
- The 1st of each month is a solo silence
- The 7th of each month is a solo silence in the dark
- the 14th of each month is a solo silence that attempts stillness
- the 21st of the month is a solo silence in a yoga pose
- the 28th of the month is a solo silence that must be walking
- on a random day of each month take something from a previous solo silence, adapt and repeat it
- on a random day of each month the silence must take place in, under or with water
- on two consecutive days of each month a silence must be repeated
with thanks to livejournal blogger thiel for inspiration.